September is around the corner and as we prepare to welcome you back to campus, there are a few updates to share about the Weldon Revitalization Project and its impact on library services for the fall term.
Delays in the supply chain, a challenge for many construction projects due to COVID-19, require us to keep Weldon closed for general use until late November. Study space, computers, printing, and other library supports continue be available at our other campus locations. Assigned research study spaces can’t be offered at this time but we anticipate resuming this service for the winter term.
While the construction in Weldon prevents us from welcoming you back in typical fashion, access to some Weldon services will be available by appointment:
- Archival materials, special collections, and maps: The Reading Room in the Archives and Research Collections Centre offers appointments to Western students, faculty, and staff to access archival materials, special collections, and maps starting Tuesday, August 10. Appointments are available Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Email to request an appointment, providing 48 hours’ notice of your preferred appointment day/time.
The following supports continue to be available, however not at Weldon Library. Please reach out to these teams for services:
- The Writing Support Centre: email@example.com.
- The Centre for Teaching and Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Access Lab space is unavailable; however, if you require Access Lab services, email email@example.com.
Operating hours for other Western Libraries locations resume in August and September:
- Taylor Library reopens on Monday, August 9.
- The Business Library reopens on Tuesday, September 7.
- The Education Resource Centre reopens Tuesday, September 7.
- The Law Library reopens on Tuesday, September 7.
- The Music Library reopens on Tuesday, September 7.
We regret that construction delays prevent us from welcoming you back to Weldon in September, and appreciate your continued patience while renovations are completed. We’re excited about reopening a vibrant, revitalized library that will introduce new (and more!) kinds of learning spaces for you.
If you have questions about Weldon’s reopening plans, please email Jennifer Robinson, Deputy Chief Librarian.